- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
- Parramatta Location
- 2 Year Fixed Term Position
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities. We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Corporate Finance, you will provide expertise in the Corporate Finance team with regard to inventory accounting, ensuring the accurate representation of the value of assets at different stages of their development and production, applying relevant Australian Accounting Standards and developing accounting procedures and controls relating to inventory accounting.
This position is a fixed term position for up to a 2 year duration.
Within this position, you will:
- Manage the classification of inventory with clear parameters of what constitutes inventory, applying accounting policy consistently
- Provide assurance and oversight of the Annual Stocktake and Cycle Counting (monthly and quarterly), providing accounting input to the stocktaking process including reconciling stocktake to the ledger and correcting general ledger accounts
- Provide analysis of turnover and inventory values and trends and implement measures to ensure the right values of stocks.
- Contribute to the preparing and updating of inventory accounting policies and provide input to stocktake procedures.
- Analyse and interpret SAP inventory reports, identifying key risks and opportunities and implement measures to address these
As a successful applicant, you will demonstrate:
- Relevant degree qualification (Economics, Business, Accounting) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional Accounting Qualification (CA/CPA)
- Demonstrated experience providing financial and commercial advice, and consulting expertise to senior managers
- Specialist knowledge of emerging inventory accounting issues and trends
- 7+ years’ experience working in corporate finance/accounting in a large complex organisation
- Proven ability to use business and financial data to resolve business issues and questions and identify efficiencies and opportunities for the business.
- Highly organised with a numerical focus and comfortable handling large data sets with a commercial mindset
- The ability to turn large volumes of raw data into trends and statistics that can be used for Board level reporting
- Outstanding communication skills
Closing date: 19 April 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.