- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
- Capture and apply knowledge to drive organisational and cultural change
- Full time, permanent role with competitive salary package
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Head of Management Systems, the Knowledge & Insights Manager will develop an enterprise knowledge framework, implementing effective processes for capturing, sharing, and applying knowledge. The purpose of this is to manage risk and embed a learning culture, promoting creativity, innovation and continual improvement at Sydney Water. This role will also ensure that the digital systems that support 1MS are fit for purpose.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide effective leadership across the enterprise to develop, implement and embed enterprise knowledge management framework including effective processes for capturing, sharing, and applying knowledge to embed a learning culture that promotes creativity and innovation in Sydney Water;
- Collaborate with the Information Management team to embed best practice content management practices in accordance with relevant ISO and industry standards to support the effective implementation of One Management System (1MS);
- Support knowledge activities e.g. root cause analyses, process reviews, audits, reporting, etc, to ensure a high quality of content is created that results in continuous improvement for Sydney Water;
- Collaborate with other teams in Sydney Water to develop a lessons learnt process, tools and capabilities that deliver improved outcomes for Sydney Water;
- Lead the provision of management system reporting and insights that drive constructive behaviours to achieve compliance, manage risks and inspire continual improvement; and
- Ensure that the digital systems that support the management system are fit for purpose and develop where necessary according to business requirements.
- Degree qualifications in information management, business or a related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent, with demonstrated experience and skills in development and implementation of knowledge frameworks, content management and insights;
- Certification in Lean Six-Sigma or another continuous improvement methodology;
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in information and knowledge management, including its creation, dissemination and application;
- Extensive experience in leading reporting and insights function within a large and complex organisation;
- Familiarity with knowledge-oriented companies and technologies, such as libraries and collaborative tools like SharePoint;
- Proven change leadership and process improvement skills with the ability to coach and influence;
- Strong communication and stakeholder management skills, with a focus on negotiation and collaboration; and
- Excellent analytical thinking and decisive judgement skills with ability to analyse issues systematically, draw sound conclusions and translate into timely decisions and actions.
Closing date: 17 January 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.