- Lead a Cost Estimation team and deliver high-quality, accurate cost estimation services on complex capital infrastructure projects
- Establish and implement best-in-class project cost estimation and probity processes, procedures and tools.
- Parramatta location, close to public transport, flexible work arrangements
Sydney Water has a proud heritage and progressive future. We see the world is changing and we are changing too. The surging population of Sydney is putting pressure on our natural resources, housing and infrastructure. In just 15 years, we can expect an extra 2.71 million people and over 570,000 new homes.
To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S).
Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
Long term stability brings a pathway for future talent to join the team. Promoting partnerships across the value chain aims to build an environment where change and innovation can thrive, in a safe, open, inclusive and diverse workplace. Our commercial agreements are adapting to support this change. In an Australian first, Sydney Water is adopting the NEC4 form of contract. This suite of contracts brings plain English and a collaborative way of working right up front in the relationship with suppliers, contractors and consultants. Particularly for project and maintenance works, this is a new way of working and doing business for Sydney Water and the supply chain.
We are building a legacy for the future. There is no better time than now to join Sydney Water!
About the role
The Cost Estimating Manager role is crucial to the delivery of high-quality project cost estimation information for Sydney Water’s capital infrastructure projects. Leading a team of Quantity Surveyors and Cost Estimators, the Cost Estimating Manager will work closely with the team and enable them to deliver accurate and timely cost estimation services for all project and maintenance works via a focus on continual improvement of new and existing project cost control tools and processes, as well as the development, implementation and maintenance of robust Project Cost Estimation systems, databases, and tools to ensure competitive market pricing .
The Cost Estimating Manager will also encourage strong collaboration between their team and Sydney Water’s Project Management and Planning teams. The Cost Estimating Manager will also make significant contributions to the development and approval of the NEC4-aligned Annual Integrated Works program.
This role works very closely with both regionally-dispersed and integrated teams within Sydney Water and its Regional Delivery Consortia partners, ensuring the delivery of high-quality information for project cost estimation across the project lifecycle.
To be successful in this role you will:
- Have demonstrated experience in leading Cost Estimating teams consisting of Cost Estimators and Quantity Surveyors, taking ownership of all aspects of team leadership, team performance, and individual and team mentoring.
- Have a high level of knowledge and skill in delivering outstanding cost estimation services on large-scale, complex infrastructure projects
- Have demonstrated experience in the development, implementation and management of estimating systems and databases
- Be a natural and confident communicator, able to engage with and influence internal and external project stakeholders with your extensive Cost Estimating knowledge and experience, and able to convey information in a professional, ethical and timely manner.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering, Construction Management or a related field
- Quantity Surveying / Project Estimating qualifications
- Leadership qualifications / certifications will be desirable
- Prior demonstrated experience leading Cost Estimation teams
- Prior demonstrated experience in a Cost Estimation Manager role, ideally working on high complexity infrastructure projects
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
Closing Date: Friday 17th September 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.