Senior Strategic Analyst – BI Specialist
- Flexible work arrangements can be accommodated
- Full time, permanent role
- Gain insights from data using Business Intelligence solutions to inform business processes and outcomes
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Senior Strategic Analyst – BI Specialist will utilise an expert level of data literacy to investigate and interpret sources of data and deliver analysis outcomes, which have varied levels of complexity, ambiguity and abstraction.
This role will also create / design data models for Business Intelligence delivery, design Business Intelligence solutions in consultation with the business and provide guidance to inform business processes and outcomes. Championing the usage of Business Intelligence functionality within the business group and maintaining consistency across other Business Groups is a core function of the role.
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Champion the adoption of Sydney Water’s enterprise Business Intelligence platform throughout Customer, Strategy and Engagement. Support users of the platform to ensure effective and consistent usage and develop Business Intelligence solutions to meet stakeholder needs.
- Liaise with other Business Groups to ensure compliance with standards for Business Intelligence creation and usage. Inform the creation of such standards to ensure consistencies and to avoid duplication of effort.
- Lead analysis to better understand our customers and their behaviour, including factors that influence their water consumption.
- Maintain effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders to enable access to all key data (historical, current and emerging sources) and to maintain an understanding of their needs.
- Communicate technical concepts and outcomes from modelling and analytics to internal and external stakeholders e.g. Executive and Board papers, briefing papers, media requests etc.; and
- Project initiation, problem analysis, scope definition and provision of accurate documentation, as well as identifying potential downstream impacts.
- Minimum Bachelor Degree in relevant discipline (economics, engineering, statistics, mathematics or science). IT or business qualifications also well regarded.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- High level skills in use of PowerBI. Knowledge of analytical solutions such as SQL, R, Python or similar and/or a high-level proficiency in geospatial packages will be advantageous
- Proven skills in the creation of meaningful Business Intelligence content and visualisations. Experience in modelling data in preparation for Business Intelligence delivery also required.
- Demonstrated capability to craft a narrative around analysis – the ability to effectively tell a story.
- Demonstrated experience in working with large quantities of data with statistical analysis skills including predictive modelling and forecasting.
- Strong problem solving and lateral / critical thinking skills with experience in developing procedures.
- Superior written, oral and interpersonal communication skills and effective stakeholder management skills; and
- Proven ability to plan and organise effectively to ensure the timely completion of tasks and management of conflicting priorities.
Closing date: Wednesday June 28th 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.