- Manage the interface between operations and project teams for Hub/ Plant major projects and regulatory and strategic initiatives
- Offering 3 Year Fixed Term opportunity with excellent remuneration package
- Located out of Sydney Water Camden Wollondilly Hub
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Role
An opportunity for a Project Interface Manager to support major capital works and amplification, a team member will be based out of the Camden Wollondilly Hub where you will travel across West Camden and Picton WRPs.
Lead the coordination of operational and capital projects and activities that make up a program of work to deliver outcomes and benefits related to the organisation’s strategic objectives.
Ensure effective performance, communication, reporting and escalation of the program of work. Manage the interface between operations and project teams for major projects, regulatory and strategic initiatives.
- Plan and manage key interfaces, including regular meetings to plan all work interfacing between operations and project delivery
- Provide operational input into the design process for all aspect’s projects/tasks, ensuring operational needs are met.
- Identify commissioning and handover requirements based on the detailed design and provide detailed in put into the commissioning and handover plan.
- Assist the Product Managers and Hub Managers in the identification, documentation and management, of all project internal and external stakeholders.
- Manage complex interfaces between multiple stakeholders from different backgrounds/perspectives
The ideal candidate applicant will have a background in utilities and have experience within project management / project commissioning delivering technical support and coordination to the plant and production teams, requiring a team member with the following:
- University degree in Engineering or relevant discipline or relevant experience.
- Developed project/program management skills and knowledge, including preparation of operational interface objectives, schedules, risk management plans and resource management.
- Developed skills in operational review and input into concept and detailed design, including operability, maintainability, and safety in design.
- Effective oral and written communication skills including advanced negotiation skills and proven ability in preparation of written reports, procedures, project communication plans, recommendations, and proposals
- Demonstrated internal and external stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to problem solve engineering and operational issues.
- Understanding of regulatory requirements as they relate to the design and implementation of capital projects within an operational plant.
- 5+ year’s professional experience in plant operations/management.
- Demonstrated experience in leading the planning and delivery of the operational aspects of complex projects.
- Demonstrated experience in planning and/or managing the operational integration of medium to small engineering infrastructure projects.
- Demonstrated experience in using engineering principles, methodologies, and tools.
Applications close Friday 22nd September 2021
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com