- Lead and manage Sydney Water’s Major Projects Scheduling team
- Ensure project schedules are prepared to deliver projects on time and within budget
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program – each project ranging from $50m to over $1b.
The Lead Scheduler will lead the Project Scheduling discipline across a large capital works portfolio, ensuring that the Scheduling team delivers high-quality, accurate and timely scheduling services for all projects.
- Lead integrated teams of schedulers, enabling the efficient delivery of projects in the Major Projects programme.
- Be accountable for the development, implementation and maintenance of a robust project controls and scheduling systems to ensure efficiency of planning and scheduling.
- Ensure project schedules are prepared, in accordance with SWC Scheduling processes and procedures, to deliver projects on time and within budget, from Project Initiation through to Close Out and Handover.
- Maintain activity/project codes and recommend/implement changes for improvement.
- Liaise with key stakeholders (including Contractors) to ensure project schedules and WBS are aligned.
- Establish project key milestones and ensure they are tracked and reported.
- Identify the critical path for the project and detail in the schedule; report progress against the path as required
- Maintain and update schedules and ensure the Project Manager is aware of any critical issues which may affect critical path or milestones
- Undertake review and approval of Contractors’ Schedules including validation of baseline schedule and conformance to Contract requirements.
You will have prior experience in a similar role, leading and mentoring a Scheduling team, with hands-on experience in planning and scheduling services at large-scale infrastructure programmes. You will use your forensic skills to investigate variations and their potential impacts on large-scale programmes of work, and you will have the ability to effectively negotiate with and influence key programme stakeholders to reach the best outcomes for all parties while still achieving Sydney Water’s needs.
You have excellent communication skills, and an ability to partner with your team to enable them to perform at a high level, as well as being able to develop and leverage relationships across a broad internal and external stakeholder network. Keeping safety, public health and environment at the front of mind will be an inherent leadership trait.
To be considered for this position it is essential that you have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering or a related field
- Project Management and/or Leadership qualifications / certifications
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in Planning, Scheduling, and Delay analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of construction / operational projects
- Knowledge of relevant water procedures and standard work practices including safety and quality
- Extensive experience utilising scheduling systems, preferably Primavera
- Demonstrated knowledge of commonly used concepts and practices for scheduling
- Influencing, negotiation and investigation skills
- Ability to lead and mentor small team and support the individual development of assigned staff
- Customer focus and excellent interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated problem-solving and organisational skills
Closing date: 25th January 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.