- Leadership role
- Manage the Prevent, Prepare, Respond and Recover framework
- Permanent role
- Parramatta location, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Resilience and Climate Change Adaptation team is responsible for ensuring that Sydney Water anticipates and prepares for short term shocks and long-term challenges. Our team leads the portfolios for Emergency Management, Investigations to understand root cause of incidents, Water Conservation, Drought Response Plan and Climate Change Mitigation and Adaptation.
This position will lead the organisation’s preparation for unforeseen events including the frameworks to manage emergency and crisis events.
Leading this portfolio you will:
- Lead a team of business resilience professionals;
- Build capability across the organisation for roles in the Emergency Control Centre;
- Manage the Emergency Control facilities;
- Monitor hazards and risks;
- Exercise our response;
- Ensure business continuity planning; and
- Conduct debriefs.
You enjoy developing people and teams. You understand the importance of planning for emergency events, and take a practical approach to ensure the organisation is well prepared. You know how to work with people to debrief events. You have worked in asset intensive environments.
You will have:
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. Engineering, Science, Business) or experience deemed equivalent;
- Experience resilience and emergency management, including AIIMS or equivalent;
- An aptitude for developing others;
- Demonstrated experience monitoring emerging risks and shaping future policy based on research and standards;
- Demonstrated experience leading work across functional areas within an organisation to drive improved outcomes; and
- Some on call work during Emergency events will be required.
Closing date: Tuesday 18 January 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.