Business Process Improvement Lead – Employee Experience Program
- 18 months fixed term contract, with distinct opportunity for extension or becoming permanent
- Great opportunity for an experienced Improvement Lead to drive the delivery of measurable process improvements which are part of the Employee Experience Program
- Uplift process maturity across all Employee Experience lifecycle
- Coach teams and team leaders
- Lead in defining opportunities for improvement in current Employee Experience Processes – from initial analysis to solution development & implementation
- Competitive Salary Package + Excellent benefits
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
Context for this role
The refresh of the Sydney Water enterprise strategy has provided an opportunity for us to reimagine our approach to human capital management at Sydney Water. Through the Employee Experience Program we have the opportunity to make a step change in how we enable an agile, engaged workforce through smart, intuitive, efficient processes and technology. Our vision is to transform our people experience through:
- simplification of our people-processes so they are intuitive and automated where possible
- deployment of smart tools that are simple to use and interpret and apply our policies in real time
- anywhere, anytime access that suits the needs of all the different work styles our people practice
- enabling of insight led decisions, so we can focus on transparent performance and outcomes
Details about the role:
You will be part of the Improve Delivery Team, which exists to bring process improvement rigor, methods, & tools to strategic priority areas and process improvements initiatives in the Employee Experience
The purpose of this lead role is to drive & deliver process improvement in the Employee Experience Program – with the emphasis on delivery of clearly defined deliverables, which you will help shape.
Ultimately, this role will help teams deliver measurable improvements, resulting in better systems integration, waste reduction & value adding solutions, achieving higher levels of process maturity.
Key accountabilities include, but are not limited to:
- Lead/ Drive improvement project teams in the Employee Experience Program to deliver significant & measurable process improvement benefits while helping develop a high performing project team culture that is aligned to Sydney Water’s behaviours and values.
- Help teams develop capability to apply continuous improvement in an agile manner, planning and co-ordination activities to enable the team to work collaboratively.
- Maximise opportunities for coaching, training and professional development to continually develop the teams’ members skills and capabilities.
- While the emphasis of the role is on delivery, you will have an important part to play in the identification of system improvements and solutions to support the improved
- Tertiary qualification in business, engineering or related field, or experience deemed equivalent.
- Lean Six Black Belt qualified (preferred – but will consider experienced Green Belt)
- 7+ years’ experience in process improvement (Lean Six sigma – including DMAIC & PDSA) and transformational projects
- Demonstrated experience in delivering large improvement projects (from inception to delivery) employing Lean Six Sigma and/or similar process improvement methodologies. This means to identify process waste, and facilitate the improvement journey to final delivery of the desired outcomes.
- Strong analytical/ statistical analysis skills, including the understanding and ability to set up valid and reliable process measurement – use of process statistical tools e.g. MINITAB or SigmaXL etc.
- Advanced ability to successfully apply improvement project management tools in an agile manner (e.g., use of rapid learning cycles such as PDSA/Agile techniques). This includes the development and delivery of improvement project plans, allocation of resources, implementation of appropriate phases, and determination of performance measures
- Experience and high-level skills in coaching, mentoring and communication – meant to provide individual & team support, and ensure Continuous Improvement / Lean Six Sigma capabilities scale across the broader business.
- Desirable – knowledge and experience with Employee Experience/Human Resources administrive processes and systems in a large organisation.
Closing date: Thursday 30th June 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.