- Key business support role for Sydney Water’s Digital Portfolio
- Fixed Term role up to January 2022
- Parramatta location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing, too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Management Accounting Analyst will engage closely with the business to provide accurate, timely and efficient management accounting support that is compliant with Sydney Water Finance policy, procedures and standards. The Management Accounting Analyst is responsible for providing high-quality reports, work papers, analysis and advice to the business to support sound financial and commercial decision making.
Working closely with the Digital Portfolio team you will:
- Provide high-quality management reports for forecasting and variance analysis purposes.
- Provide general accounting support including year-end and monthly work paper reviews.
- Provide WIP Support including capitalisation, forecasting and year-end activities.
- Contribute to the maintenance of the integrity of general ledger accounts, in accordance with relevant accounting policies and standards.
- Deliver project accounting support for major projects
- Monitor the accurate recording of contract accounting across the lifecycle of contracts.
This role will suit someone who is familiar with large accounting systems (FMIS preferred but not essential) and enjoys engaging with a variety of business stakeholders to deliver accurate analysis and reporting.
You will have:
- Diploma qualifications in Accounting or Finance, or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated technical capability to use business and financial data to drive revenue, cost and capital management outcomes.
- Proficiency in one or more ERP Finance, Asset Management and related systems.
- Advanced proficiency in Business Intelligence and other reporting and analytics tools.
- Effective interpersonal communication and client service skills
- Demonstrated ability to identify and implement process and reporting improvements
- The ability to prioritise and manage tasks effectively
- Basic understanding of IPART will be well-regarded but is not essential
Closing date: Sunday, 7 March 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.