- Lead commercial stream of major projects transaction (procurement)
- Manage contract and commercial negotiations
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program. You can view further information on Sydney Water's Major Projects 2021 - 2026 via this link.
This role leads the commercial stream of major projects transaction (procurement) and manages the contract and commercial negotiation during Major Project transactions to ensure value for money is achieved while mitigating commercial risk by applying dispute avoidance strategies and lessons learned on projects. The Contract Manager will work in collaboration with Major Projects Project Director and be the first point of call for all commercial matters within the allocated Major Projects.
- Lead development and management of commercial agreement for Major Projects that balance a range of objectives, namely value for money, on time delivery, risk management, sound process and efficiency
- Manage the contract management requirement of the project and be the lead for commercial matters, acting as a single point of contact for all commercial matters in procurement and contract requirements within the nominated portfolio of Major Projects
- Manage key stakeholder relationships within nominated portfolio of Major Projects
- Oversee implementation and management of enterprise-wide contract strategies
- Manage review project requirements to confirm adequate level of completion, liaising with necessary departments and business units,
- Assist with drafting, finalise, and seek approval on Contract Management Plans including meeting cadence and detail,
- Manage activities in Contract variations, administration, and dispute management
- Manage monthly reporting for allocated Major Projects
- Identify, record and escalate contract risks and issues in the Risk Register
Coming from a demonstrated background in contract and commercial management in high-value high-risk construction and infrastructure projects you have a strong understanding of Construction Law and prior experience managing high-performing teams. You have excellent stakeholder engagement skills with both internal and external suppliers, including an ability to influence key stakeholders.
You must have:
- A relevant degree qualification (e.g. Quantity Surveying, Construction Management, Construction Law, Engineering, Business) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional MRICs or equivalent qualification
- 10+ years’ contract and commercial management experience in construction and infrastructure projects in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector
- Relevant work experience for Tier 1 and Tier 2 contractors in addition to client-side
- Strong communication skill with ability to convene complex commercial matters through reports and presentations
Application closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.