- Put your stamp on Sydney Water’s Western Sydney Development program
- Deliver commercial projects and partnerships across the organisation
- Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a role that will leave a legacy for future generations, and to be a part of the group defining new products and services to be offered in Western Sydney.
This key strategic role will see you identifying opportunities to deliver products and service related to water, the circular economy and waterways that customers value, in a commercially viable way. We need someone who has the ability to influence, work across multiple parts of the organisation – from chief officer level to our planners – and understand the impacts this has on our front line. We will be working with other agencies and multi-utilities to bring service offerings to our customers that will bring value and revenue.
Your duties will involve:
- From inception to delivery, understand the value of customers and translate this to defining new products and services. You’ll need to be able to work across strategy, finance, economics and implementation.
- Identify and facilitate improvement opportunities to deliver better commercial outcomes for Sydney Water to maximise value and minimise risks for Sydney Water
- Bringing together stakeholders across the business to unpack key challenges and repackage them to bring products and solutions to life.
- Collaborate with relevant experts across Sydney Water to develop strategy options for assessment and recommendation for decision making.
- Develop robust business cases that maximise value and minimise risks for Sydney water, taking into consideration short-term, medium-term and long-term horizons.
This role will suit someone who can demonstrate a strategic mindset and who can apply a strategic lens on commercial deals, with an ability to identify potential opportunities early and piece them together to form a bigger strategic picture. You are the person who can clearly articulate both strategic and economic benefits to a diverse audience and develop an implementation plan as a way forward to delivering significant economically viable projects.
You are comfortable working with ambiguity and high-level ideas and are able to convey a viewpoint that enables constructive discussion. You have well-developed presentation skills and you are a clear and effective communicator.
You will have:
- Degree qualification in Accounting, Finance (Corporate Finance), Applied Finance, Business, Economics, Science or experience deemed equivalent supported by a relevant post graduate qualification.
- Approximately collective 5-10 years demonstrable track record of success in either Commercial functions of a large complex organisation, Infrastructure Advisory teams of Big 4 or investment banks or Corporate Advisory firms.
- Commercial background with experience in identifying business opportunities, and developing and executing commercial strategy. A product management and service delivery background would prepare you well for this role.
- Ability to influence and engage collaboratively with all stakeholders and influence key decision makers across the organisation including senior stakeholder management to achieve significant results and outcomes.
- Strong lateral and dynamic thinking, with hypothesis-based problem-solving skills (develop, test, refine and draw conclusions).
- Ability to draw on and synthesise analysis to identify options and take actions that align to Sydney Water’s short- and long-term objectives.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the financial and commercial drivers impacting projects / business cases and leverages this knowledge to optimise commercial outcomes.
Closing date: Friday 9th April 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.