- Oversee full supplier lifecycle management across Sydney Water
- Develop Supplier Management framework and operating model to achieve the best possible outcome for suppliers
- Great benefits and competitive salary package, flexible work locations!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Procurement Effectiveness, this role will lead a team of four Supplier Management Specialists, seeing you develop Supplier Management framework and operating model that enables Sydney Water to achieve the best possible outcomes when dealing with suppliers.
This will start with owning the processes for suppliers onboarding, prequalification and then rationalising the size of the supply base through to the development of Supplier Segmentation, Governance, Performance and Relationship Management models.
Your key accountabilities will include but are not limited to:
Develop an operating model for the management of the full supplier lifecycle processes
- Be the custodian of supplier due diligence and pre-qualification process.
- Manage supplier segmentation in consultation with the business.
- Act as trusted advisor and become centre of excellence for supplier lifecycle management.
- Defines and influences supplier governance and relationship management including technology solution and strategy
Design and enable supplier performance management regime
- Lead the development and implementation of supplier performance management process, tools and templates across Sydney Water.
- Demonstrate supplier commercial performance by ensuring that supplier key performance are defined and tracked.
- Define and agree the right level of stakeholder attendance and input at supplier review meetings depending on the supplier segmentation.
Centre of excellence for Supplier Management
- Establish and manage the cadence of supplier reporting and supplier meetings for the different supplier segments.
- Maintain reporting dashboards, reports and insights.
- Provide ongoing advices to the business on supplier due diligence including supplier’s risk, performance, and relationship governance
This role will ideally suit a team member who is a self-starter with excellent problem-solving abilities, who can demonstrate extensive knowledge of supplier management and people leadership.
You will have a strong understanding of procurement methodologies allowing you the ability to seek out opportunities to improve supplier performance and partnerships:
To be successful in this role you will need:
- Relevant degree qualification/s and/or proven role experience
- 5+ years’ experience working in supplier relationship management in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector.
- Extensive knowledge of supplier management, including due diligence, performance, risk, governance, and relationship management
- Proven experience in managing people, including developing direct reports and driving a culture of continuous improvement.
- Knowledge of compliance, probity and audit requirements and dispute resolution in the government sector.
- Demonstrated ability to partner closely with the business while maintaining a degree of functional independence.
- Demonstrated ability to manage a variety of stakeholders and hold suppliers to account for contractual performance.
Closing date: Friday 22nd October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.