- Lead a vibrant Procurement Category at one of Australia’s largest utilities
- Leverage the opportunity to shape and support the implementation of your Category
- Parramatta/Potts Hill location with attractive remuneration and benefits
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference in the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world-class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Finance Services Group is continuing to create capability uplifts both within our Procurement team and across the wider organization which will increase our ability to deliver standardized and simplified processes, leverage knowledge and expertise within the organization, provide deep insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions while providing expertise in specific business areas that create business value.
Reporting into the Indirects Portfolio Category Manager and supported by a Category Specialist – you will lead the development and execution of the Category Plans including delivering exciting, strategic, and leading-edge sourcing initiatives.
The Operational and Facilities Services Category you will lead will see you work on areas with tremendous Sustainability impacts including areas within;
- Industrial Cleaning Services
- Waste Management Services
- Facilities Management
- Environmental Services
Experience in the above sub-categories would be desirable, however, we would be interested to hear from experienced Category Managers with the right attitude and career interest to pivot their expertise within this highly sought-after area.
Your duties will include:
- Development, implementation, and management of enterprise-wide category and contract strategies for the Operational and Facilities Services Category (Indirects)
- Senior Stakeholder engagement and management and being the trusted advisor for the business for Operational and Facilities Services Category
- Lead, manage and deliver strategic projects including shaping business requirements, market engagement, source to contract activities, negotiations, and contract handover.
- Being connected with the relevant market trends within the Category, highlighting opportunities, and incorporating insights into the Category Planning process.
- Leading pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matter and incidents
- Coaching and mentoring the Category Specialists and contributing to the overall growth of the capability of the team
- Managing the current and future activity pipeline for your category, managing resource allocations within the category together with the Portfolio Manager.
- Managing risk and delivering tangible and intangible benefits within the Category.
This role has a very strong focus on development, management and execution of category plans, as well the ability to think strategically and engage effectively with Senior business stakeholders. You will bring demonstrated experience in building category plans and have a good understanding of the Category Planning Process.
You will have the ability to plan and manage multiple priorities whilst always taking pride in the quality of your work and delivery of value.
Being the Category Lead, you will have strong communication and engagement skills, being be able to engage with and manage relationships with senior executives within the business.
You will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and manage allocated projects to deliver agreed outcomes.
You will have at a minimum:
- 7+ years’ experience in category management in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector (Note this is specifically 7+ years in Category Management not overall 7+ years’ experience in procurement)
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Finance, Business, Supply Chain) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional procurement qualification (e.g. MCIPS) – Preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience working in developing and executing category management plans
- Extensive experience in partnering with the business to lead strategic sourcing projects, commercial negotiations and manage contracts across the lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge in understanding strategic sourcing, contract developments, supplier management and procurement metrics reporting.
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Good Interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
Application closes 28th November 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.