- Join a vibrant Digital (IT) Category at one of Australia’s largest utilities as part of a high performing Category Management and Procurement team
- Internal growth opportunities to evolve your procurement career, with access to top leaders within the largest water utility in Australia
- Transformative and leading-edge project exposure, shape and support the implementation of your Category!
- Western Sydney - Parramatta Location with flexible work options offered!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Finance Services Group is continuing to create capability uplifts both within our Procurement team and across the wider organisation which will increase our ability to deliver standardised and simplified process, leverage knowledge and expertise within the organisation, provide deep insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions while providing expertise in specific business areas that create business value.
Reporting into the Portfolio Manager and supported by a Category Specialist – you will lead the development and execution of the Digital (IT) Category Plan including delivering exciting, strategic and leading-edge technology sourcing initiatives.
Your duties will include:
- Lead, manage and deliver strategic projects including shaping business requirements, market engagement, source to contract activities, negotiations and contract handover.
- Manage the delivery of strategic sourcing activities delivered via augmented resources
- Being connected with the relevant market trends within the IT category, highlighting opportunities and incorporating insights into the Category Planning process.
- Leading pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matter and incidents
- Development, implementation and management of enterprise wide category and contract strategies for the Digital Category (Indirects)
- Senior Stakeholder engagement and management and being the trusted advisor for the business for Digital Team
- Coaching and mentoring the Category Specialists and contributing to the overall growth of the capability of the team
- Managing the current and future activity pipeline for your category, managing resource allocations withing the category together with the Portfolio Manager.
- Managing risk and delivering tangible and intangible benefits within the Category.
This role has a strong focus on development, management and execution of category plans – and execution of strategic technology sourcing activities.
Being the lead for Digital (IT) procurement, you will have strong communication and engagement skills, being be able to engage with senior executives within the business.
You will have demonstrated experience in running strategic complex high value sourcing activities and familiarity of various commercial models across the following major categories, including but not limited to;
- Software – On premise and Cloud solutions
- Hardware – End user computing, operational IT hardware
- As a Service – SaaS, PaaS and IaaS models
- IT Professional Services - Systems Integration services, Project delivery services
- Telecoms and Networking
You will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and manage allocated projects to deliver agreed outcomes.
To be considered for this position you will require:
- 7+ years’ experience in Senior Sourcing Manager or Category Manager roles in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector (Please Note, this is specifically 7+ years in these Senior roles, not 7 years overall procurement experience)
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Finance, Business, Supply Chain) or experience deemed equivalent
- Extensive experience in partnering with the business to lead strategic sourcing projects, commercial negotiations and manage contracts across the lifecycle
- Extensive experience working in developing and executing category management plans
- Extensive knowledge in understanding strategic sourcing, contract developments, supplier management and procurement metrics reporting.
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Good Interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Applications close Monday 27th May 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact recruitment@sydneywater. com.au
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.