- Leading a team with the successful delivery accounting practices
- Full time Permanent opportunity offering a competitive salary package
- Based out of Parramatta with flexible hybrid work options available!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Help us innovate to meet the challenges of our growing cities as Team Manager, Accounting. This leadership role will report to the Business Connect Finance Manager. As Team Manager Accounting you will be responsible for leading a multi- skilled team of up to seven Accountants to manage the provision of accurate, timely and efficient processing of accounting transactions.
You will contribute to the preparation of the annual audited financial statements by managing the implementation of controls, processes and statutory requirements and by ensuring the preparation of account reconciliations and audit work papers and complex fixed asset ledgers and account reconciliations.
To ensure a high-performance culture is maintained you will manage team performance, and proactively engage with various stakeholders to understand their business requirements. In this position, responsibilities will include:
- Measure and monitor the performance of the team and drive continuous improvement initiatives.
- Manage the preparation of monthly reconciliations of balance sheet accounts and various profit or loss accounts to ensure correct accounting treatment.
- Maintain the fixed asset registers for Sydney Water assets.
- Manage the efficient, timely and effective processing of accounting transactions and ensure their accuracy for financial and management reporting and to withstand audit scrutiny.
- Manage provision of banking services including Commbiz system and implementation and related accounting actions.
- Manage related SMT and Knowledge Management Tools.
- Liaise with Payroll to ensure proper authorisation, accurate recording and reconciliation of payroll transactions, balances and audit work papers.
- Proactively raise any issues to your leader and make useful suggestions on how to improve these as required.
- Understand and own all policies and Business Continuity Plan (BCP).
As a natural leader, you will be an excellent communicator who has experience managing and supporting teams in previous roles, you provide clarity to your team in an open and constructive environment with demonstrated technical capability in all aspects of Financial Accounting.
To be successful in this position you will require:
- Degree in a Accounting or related discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent.
- Membership of CPA Australia or the Chartered Accountants of ANZ or equivalent qualifications.
- A minimum of 7 years’ experience in accounting operations of which 3 years’ experience was in managing a team in the delivery of financial accounting operational and transactional processes in a large organisation.
- Ability to research, investigate, analyse and provide practical solutions to financial accounting and fixed asset operational issues.
- High level of proficiency in SAP S/4HANA.
- Effective People management, stakeholder management and influencing skills.
Closing date: Midnight Monday 4th July 2022
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.