- Lead the operation of acoustic sensoring for leak detection and its integration into maintenance delivery across the Sydney Water network
- 3 year fixed term opportunity with a competitive base salary $129,896.52 plus super!
- Based out of Potts Hill with travel across the Sydney Water network and hybrid work options!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
In this newly created position, the Program Engineer (Leak Detection) reports into the Water Program Team Leader as part of Sydney Water-UTS partnership under governance of the SWC-UTS Program SteerCo.
This is an opportunity to apply and develop technical skillset in an industry setting, driving operationalisation of technology being developed to improve the way Sydney Water assesses the condition of its assets for maintenance and service outcomes
You will deliver specialist technical advice to support the needs of the business, requiring you to undertake the following but not limited to, duties:
- To focus effort in developing, implementing and leading activities to embed acoustic leak sensors into Sydney Water standard operating practice with further refinement in the context of application, capability, process, and ongoing maintenance required.
- Train network operators, customer hub, other stakeholders within Sydney Water and partners to operate and further expand the technical capabilities of the web portal for leak alarm identification, linking to the issues of Work Orders
- Evaluation and improvement of logger deployment processes for ease of integration with existing SWC processes, particularly within the Active Leak Detection team
- Evaluation of logger performance for a given deployment area, and extraction of data intel from within existing SWC channels (ie. Maximo, Spatial Hub)
This position will ideally suit a team member focused on research, training and the transferring of knowledge with previous experience working with multiple stakeholders, allowing you to development and implement plans in a timely, cost and budget effective manner.
- Degree qualifications in Engineering (mechatronics/electrical/automation) or equivalent experience
- Minimum 3 years experience dealing with complex asset management solutions applicable to water/wastewater networks or similar and/or related engineering field
- Experience in measurement, analysis and evaluation of system performance and condition and the development of strategies and work programs to improve performance, reliability and condition.
- Proven experience in operationalising new processes / technologies / work practices into existing teams
- Ability to develop project plans and report on the progress of their implementation
- Familiar with IoT devices and sensors used in the water industry for leak detection
- Good team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills, possession of initiative and entrepreneurial attitude highly desirable
- Change management, with ability to think, communicate and influence change at a project level
Application Closing Date:
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.