Community Engagement Advisor
- Develop, deliver and implement community engagement strategies
- Build and maintain effective and influential relationships with community and external stakeholders
- EA 13 + plus employer’s contribution to superannuation and leave loading
- Full time, Permanent role located at our HO in Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role, you are responsible for the development and delivery of community and stakeholder engagement plans on portfolio specific projects to protect and promote reputation, identify issues and deliver advice and early planning for the North Region. You will partner with the business to identify and deliver regional projects that support, contribute to and are aligned with Sydney Water’s strategy
- Develop, deliver and implement communication and engagement strategies to promote the brand, protect reputation, manage issues and deliver successful programs.
- Build and maintain effective and influential relationships with community and external stakeholders.
- Collect community and stakeholder information to identify their needs and activities, including collating data, analysis, focus groups and surveys.
- Ensure the development and implementation of communication policies, programs and systems and monitor their effectiveness.
- Respond to, escalate complaints and enquiries and feedback from a variety of channels, and oversee complaint response by partners.
- Prepare written material including letters, newsletters, website, Sydney Water Talk updates, and presentations.
- Coordinate and organise community engagement events. This includes coordinating logistics across various locations, preparation of run sheets, presentations and speaker notes.
- We are looking for a creative thinker with demonstrated ability to develop strong and trusted relationships and influence key stakeholders. To be successful in this role you have:
- Degree qualifications in a communications, marketing, research, community relations or related discipline or relevant experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in community engagement, stakeholder engagement or corporate affairs, in a complex environment experiencing change
- Experience in the development and delivery of internal or external communication or community relations plans.
- Experience in project planning and the reporting and evaluation of outcomes.
- Experience in managing community and stakeholder issues for projects.
- Experience in event management to support community and stakeholder engagement strategies.
- Experience with modern communication and engagement techniques and social media tools.
Closing date: 20th October, 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.