- Cronulla & Malabar Locations – must be flexible to travel between the two locations.
- Permanent Opportunity Production Officer L2
- $87K + super + leave loading
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Production Manager, you will be able to make a real difference through this essential service to the community and the environment. The workplace includes office and outdoor activities while working with a diverse group of employees. You will be offered formal and in-house training to skill you for the role. The role will be based at initially Cronulla WRRF which is part a newly formed Kamay hub with Malabar WRRF.
Production Officers at the Cronulla treatment plant are responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater treatment equipment to meet legislative and product requirements, as well as meet customer, safety and efficiency targets.
- Contribute to the implementation of business improvement and optimisation projects according to the planned production plan and business improvement project plans
- Operate the plant in all conditions, in alignment with Treatment and Sydney Water frameworks including health and safety requirements, quality and information management protocols, incident response and business continuity frameworks
- Contribute to successful completion of complex capital and operational projects
- Contribute to the prioritisation of maintenance to inform Maintenance and Minor Works’ priorities, weekly scheduling, and monthly forecasting
- Execute on-site process and asset checks using available systems, processes and procedures
- Review draft and final PTWCs, confirm isolation requirements timing and availability, and confirm the isolation of assets and perform LOTOs for work to be completed
- Work across both the Cronulla and Malabar hubs supporting production outcome
This position will suit a team member with a background in water waster and/or utilities having experience in project works across plant upgrade, process optimization and fast paced production or manufacturing environments. The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering/Science or trade qualification.
- Current valid driver’s license and own vehicle
- Experience in a production, utilities or asset maintenance environment.
- Ability to commit working on a stand-by roster
- Good people skills and experience in coordinating internal and external service providers to perform maintenance and project works.
- Exposure to quality management systems (ISO 9000, 14000, 4801)
- A personal drive for continuous improvement and to contribute to a positive team culture.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Role Closing Date: Sunday 23rd May 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.