- Support the successful delivery for the program through the provision of governance and operational support.
- Be part of a challenging and game changing project
- Parramatta Location - Permanent position
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager, Project Accounting, you will support the successful delivery of Sydney Waters program through the provision of value-add analysis of project performance, the financial management of projects, programs and portfolios which contribute to the ongoing control of funds, realisation of benefits and supports informed investment decision making.
You will work closely with the project accounting and various portfolio management teams to prepare project accounting information, provide insight and analysis to inform commercial and strategic advice for the Head of Finance and Executive management teams. You have to build constructive working relationships with multiple stakeholders across our business. In this position, you will be responsible for:
· Preparation of a range of detailed and complex senior level portfolio reports for Executive and Board level stakeholders
· Provide project accounting information, analysis, and insights to inform commercial and strategic advice to the Head of Finance and the Executive Team
· Support the early identification of program performance issues throughout the program and project lifecycles, investigate and assist in the resolution of issues
· Provide data, analysis, and insights to support portfolio/ program investment value analysis such as tracking cost benefit/marginal benefit
· Develop adhoc analytical/ reporting activities as desired
As a successful applicant, you will have:
· Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Accounting, Economics, Business) or experience deemed equivalent.
· Demonstrated understanding of Portfolio and Project Management and all related aspects of complex portfolio analysis.
· Proven ability to turn large volumes of complex raw financial data into trends and statistics that can be used for executive and Board level reporting
· Excellent analytical skills and strong ability to distil key information from multiple data sources
· Highly organised with a numerical focus and comfortable handling large data sets
· A commercial mindset with outstanding communication skills.
Closing date: 19 April 2020
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.