- Permanent Full-time
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This role will work within a small team of CX professionals, who are tasked with contributing customer experience insights into diverse, complex, strategic and transformational initiatives across all areas of the business. The team leverages Human Centred Design methodologies and tools, to design solutions to meet customer and employee needs, wants and values across all customer touchpoints, channels and journeys.
Meet the Team https://youtu.be/OBYQ3e76rPY
No direct or indirect reports
- Work alongside the CX Design Lead on the customer experience stream for prioritised Transformational and Strategic initiatives, through discovery, concept, design and prototyping.
- Actively manage and report progress, resource requirements, risks, issues, and opportunities related to the development and implementation of any CX initiatives, whilst ensuring they are delivered on time and budget.
- Support, advise and influence temporary cross functional project teams on the right approach and techniques to research, design and test solutions for strategic customer experience initiatives.
- Build a deep understanding of customer and business needs, wants and values across customer journeys, segments and personas, and use these to design end-to-end customer journeys and experiences.
- Facilitate collaborative research and design workshops with multi-disciplinary teams, using HCD methodologies and tools.
- Keeping up to date and sharing within the team up to date HCD tools and techniques.
- Organising and facilitating discovery activities including ethnographic research, behavioural insight and contextual inquiry to obtain customer insights
- Prepare and manage contracts for third party vendors to acquire participants for customer engagement sessions.
- Work closely with CX Designers, Insight Leads, and business SMEs to ensure designed and deployed solutions can be monitored, measured and reported on.
Work with CSI (Customer & Strategic Insights) to review research and insights to support CX strategic recommendations and project specific deliverables. Develop a close working relationship with all resources within Customer Strategy and Insights to support development of design challenges, providing full discovery and business analysis to ensure a successful Human Centred Design project implementation.
- Degree qualification
- Human Centred Design qualifications through recognised industry professionals – eg. Forrester CX Certification.)
Experience & Skills:
- 5-7 years’ experience in customer experience design, business improvement or project / program management roles
- Experience in practicing Design Thinking in complex large scale organisations
- Strong knowledge of customer experience journeys and episodes and the ability to convert that knowledge into design solutions
- Knowledge of and experience with service design methodologies and their application, balancing customer needs, commercial interests and technological constraints
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement, and complex problem-solving techniques
Closing date: Sunday 30th January 2022
As part of the application process, you are required to also complete a short video interview with 3 questions, which should take no more than 10 minutes. This is your time to shine, be yourself and tell us what you're passionate about!
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.