Infrastructure Portfolio Analyst
- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- 2 years fixed time permanent role located at our Headquarters at Parramatta
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centered, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Provide monitoring and insightful analysis of the Infrastructure Capital Portfolio to ensure optimal program outcomes.
Support Program Managers and Portfolio Managers, to fully understand and identify trends, risks/issues and performance of their program using defined metrics directed towards Program Benefits and efficiencies.
Critically, this role will be responsible for providing strong analytical capability in identifying and tracking the Portfolio and Program performance in line with business objectives. This role would also enhance the Portfolio/Program reporting
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Identify, investigate, and assist to resolve performance issues related to schedule, costs and risks during the program lifecycle
- Prepare briefing papers and program/portfolio performance reporting for stakeholders
- Analyse program and investment value analysis (e.g. tracking, Intermediate benefits and End benefits)
- Assist in the development and monitoring of benefits realization plans across sub portfolios/Portfolios.
- Investment/expenditure forecasting through risk-based scenario and sensitivity modelling
- This role works closely with other areas of the business such as our Customer delivery team including:
- Schedulers to carry out forward program analysis including monitoring lead indicators, performance against program outcomes, resource profiling and effective capacity planning. This includes ‘what-if’ scenario analysis and scenario planning.
- Program cost specialists to monitor and analyse unit cost information and cost of delivery performance, including identifying areas for efficiency improvement.
- Bench-marking specialists to develop internal and external bench marking of programs for time, cost and outcomes.
- Risk specialists to identify, assess, control and report on program risks.
- Tertiary level education in relevant discipline (engineering, science, finance, business, management) or experience deemed equivalent
- Substantial experience in an Infrastructure program management environment, with at least 5 years’ experience analysing program/portfolio performance or similar.
- Excellent analytical skills including the ability to use multiple sources of data and information to inform robust decision-making, and identification of trends, issues and root causes of problems.
- Ability to identify and establish program /portfolio performance indicators aligned to schedule, cost and risks
- Working knowledge of project and program management processes (e.g. scheduling, cost, risk management) and associated IT systems and tools
- Previous experience in program/portfolio spend forecasting using various risk-based scenarios modelling across multiple project performance drivers.
- A formal certification/accreditation in Project/Program/Portfolio management including Prince 2, PMP etc. would be preferred.
- Knowledge of Project Management and PMO methodology, services and industry best practices with ability to identify process gaps and areas of improvements.
- Understanding and exposure to benefits and efficiencies management.
- Sound communication skills.
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 09 April, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.