- Join a dynamic, diverse and high performing team in an exciting time of growth
- Implement and ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency of Sydney Water Quality Management System, program, plans and processes within Major Projects.
- Proudly making a difference to establishing a best-in-class, customer centred, client organisation
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The quality lead will be accountable for assurance of the quality aspects of assigned major projects through the delivery phase of the project lifecycle. Ensuring Special Purpose Delivery Consortia compliance, productivity, project Key Performance Indicators and Major Projects goal expectations are met. Providing technical advice and leadership to multi-discipline teams
Responsibilities include but are not limited to;
- Provide professional, technical and specialist advice.
- Provide advice in the development of early scoping documentation, procurement strategies and review tender submissions.
- Assist in the implementation of the Sydney Water Quality Management system, policies and procedures.
- Identify, develop and deliver quality training awareness and educational programs.
- Implement appropriate statistical methodologies and quality tools to monitor and improve project and business performance
- Review and endorse quality management plans
- Conduct surveillance of projects according to the quality risk profile.
- Prepare and distribute quality alerts, guidelines and other information to sites and key stakeholders as required
- Carry out site inspections and internal audits ensuring OFI and /or non-conformances are understood and corrective/preventative actions are completed.
- Participate in PIRs, (Post Evaluation Reviews, Lessons Learnt Review and Benefits Realisation Reviews) of specific projects to ensure continual improvement.
- Tertiary qualification in business, engineering or related field, or experience deemed equivalent.
- 10+ years’ work experience in a similar role within a similar industry
- Exposure to working with field-based teams to implement management systems and achieve goals
- Exposure to large construction projects
- Current knowledge of relevant quality and construction legislation
- Demonstrated ability to develop and embed improvements in work methods across a program of works
- Demonstrated ability to lead change.
Closing date: 31st October, 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.