- Job no: BE649
- Category: Customer Delivery
- Planning and scheduling of maintenance related services across Sydney Water's water, wastewater, stormwater, and recycled networks.
- Fulltime permanent opportunity.
- Prestons / Ryde / Daceyville / Parramatta location
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the Role
The Integrated Work Programs team provides operational expertise in the management of the water, recycled water, wastewater, and stormwater networks to achieve customer, shareholder, and regulatory requirements.
The focus of the Planner role is to provide a centre of excellence for the planning and scheduling of maintenance related services across Sydney Water's water, wastewater, stormwater, and recycled networks.
The role will enhance Sydney Water’s corporate reputation and build trust with our customers, regulators, and stakeholders by providing:
- Active incident management support for response to environmental harm
- Planning, packaging and dispatch of Corrective / Preventative / Operational / Customer Requested work and resource planning to support Regional O&M and Specialised Services delivery teams
- Planning, packaging and dispatch low priority Breakdown related work and adjusting resource plan on the day of operation to support Customer Hub
- Planning, packaging and dispatch of Preventative work to support delivery of the Environment Improvement Program (EIP) This existing Planner role has become vacant due to the recently completed Area Planner Lead recruitment
- Support the front-line managers role by assisting to provide day to day oversight of team members to deliver on product requirements and customer, safety and efficiency outcomes
To be successful for this role you have:
- A tertiary qualification in engineering, or 6-10 years’ experience in utility network operations and maintenance/renewal, or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in managing complex customer/regulator/stakeholder relationships
- Demonstrated leadership in a team environment, the ability to mentor and develop teams, and operate effectively as part of a wider management team
- Demonstrated ability to lead through influence a dispersed customer facing field-based workforce to meet service standards and achieve excellence in customer service to a large customer base
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with staff
- Ability to be flexible in managing work and resources
- Demonstrated experience in emergency and incident management, including the ability to be contactable 24/7 and be available to lead incident response, or experience deemed equivalent
- Demonstrated experience in building effective business and stakeholder relationships including experience in influencing senior management and stakeholders
- Demonstrated high level ability to communicate with impact using highly developed written & verbal communication skills
- Sound knowledge of industry best practice; including broad knowledge of water industry trends and water, wastewater and recycled water systems maintenance
- Experience in maintenance management
- Process improvement skills
- Ability to foster innovation
- Knowledge and experience in the management of safety/quality/environmental systems
- Strong organisational and analytical skills and the ability to use information and data in decision-making
- A solid understanding of the application of computerised maintenance and process management systems
Closing date: Sunday 7th August 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.
- Closed 12 days ago - 07 Aug 2022