Senior Advisor Community Education
- Permanent Full-time
- ICE 1
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
To develop manage and coordinate customer and stakeholder education programs and team resources, and implement and monitor key aspects of Sydney Water’s Corporate Social Responsibility Blueprint to deliver increased water literacy, embed circular economy principals and support the design, delivery and operation of the proposed Centre for Water Innovation education facility and associated education programs.
This role has influence and accountability for the team responsible for the design and delivery of strategically aligned education programs, and demonstrating improvements in water literacy across Sydney Water’s various customer and stakeholder segments.
The team is also supported by Education Officers. This role will be responsible for managing resources to ensure the effective operation and delivery of key education programs and facilities
Accountabilities & Deliverables
Develop and deliver the annual water literacy and education plan aligned with the Sydney Water Strategy and associated strategic and operational business plans.
Work with the employee communications team to build water literacy awareness and capacity across Sydney Water.
Lead regular reviews of the Education program, its objectives and outcomes. Realign priorities, channels and target sectors to meet strategy and business needs.
Develop partnerships with other education providers, community groups and peak bodies to identify opportunities for joint initiatives and development of resources.
Research and develop continuous improvement plans for education programs and initiatives.
Conduct risk reviews, and monitor the implementation of risk controls for education programs and activities.
Co-ordinate training for employees, agency hires, and volunteers on effective community education.
Research and map key education and community audiences and their development requirements. For school-based audiences, ensure programs stay up-to date with relevant course curriculum requirements.
- Degree qualification in education, teaching, environmental science, science or related discipline.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum five-years’ experience in leading community education programs for a corporation or government.
- Outstanding leadership and people management skills to clearly and influentially articulate vision and build support
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills and the ability to clearly convey complex information to any audience
- Exceptional emotional intelligence, including strong team development, coaching, diplomacy and conflict management skills
- Proven ability to effectively design and manage complex and controversial communication streams involving multiple stakeholders including government, media and community
- Strong planning, influencing, negotiation, facilitation and issues management skills
- Excellent relationship and interpersonal skills – proven ability to develop rapport and credibility with business partners and colleagues
- Understanding of the school education sector, including curriculum frameworks and how
- International Associate for Public Participation Certificate would be highly desirable.
Closing date: Thursday 21st October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
As part of the application process, you are required to submit a cover letter addressing the following questions;
- What is the key to success when communicating with the community?
- Can you provide an example of a community education program you delivered?
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.