- Support R2P Process for Major Projects across Sydney Water
- Greenfield role, opportunity to create robust processes
- Parramatta location, permanent role, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s infrastructure delivery requirements are expanding to meet the needs of the Greater Sydney Region. These large-scale, complex programs require exceptional people to help ensure the successful delivery of a significant, high-profile capital works program.
This is a really exciting opportunity for an experienced Procurement Services Coordinator to put their stamp on a greenfield role! This role is a new role within Sydney Water, providing Requisition to Pay (R2P) process support for Sydney Water’s Major Projects. This position is responsible for processing, monitoring and managing procurement services administration accountabilities within the supplier onboarding, and Purchase to Pay (P2P) process.
Reporting to the Procurement Services Manager, this position will provide support and best practice knowledge to achieve efficiencies for the daily management of procurement process. You shall deliver accurate and timely work to ensure the Procurement Services process runs effectively and efficiently for Sydney Water Major Project requesters of goods and services, and suppliers through efficient purchasing requisition and purchase order processing, application of your knowledge of the broader end-to-end process including Pcard and Accounts Payable.
- Initiate and manage Purchase Requisitions (PR), follow through the approval process and respond to queries
- Manage PO changes and closures
- Process Service Entry Sheets, Goods Receipt based on relevant endorsements
- Support suppliers and developing relationship to ensure compliance in Purchase to Pay process, an contribute to performance of R2P, PO after invoice, on time payments, average pay days, on time Pcard expense processing.
- Support customers to ensure effective operational delivery and understanding of Procurement Services ways of working.
· Educate and coach requisitioners to identify existing sources of supply
· Assist with and provide supplier registration updates
You know you suit this role! You’re the person who is the liaison point between large project environments and those who can assist in the smooth running of large, multi-million-dollar infrastructure projects. You are comfortable finding a way to make things happen, setting up processes and sharing your knowledge. You know the back office like the back of your hand, and you proactively support busy project teams to meet their requirements. You get things done.
You are comfortable working autonomously, often with ambiguous and/or missing information, but you love a challenge and you enjoy investigating and solving issues. You actively engage with a variety of stakeholders and you use positive, open language to help manage stakeholder expectations.
You love numbers, Excel spreadsheets, Power BI and SAP. You get a kick out of generating reports. You are also excellent at juggling multiple tasks in a busy environment, often with competing priorities.
You will have:
- Diploma in Business, Procurement or related discipline and/or experience deemed equivalent
- 5+ years’ experience Procurement R2P process within a large organisation
- Demonstrates experience in purchasing requisition/purchase order processing, maintenance and understanding the importance of accuracy
- Demonstrated knowledge in the end to end P2P processes including P-Card and Accounts Payable processes
- Strong customer service experience
- ERP system experience: SAP and ARIBA
- Advantageous is experience working within a shared service model of a complex organisation.
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
Application closing date: Friday 1st October 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.