Senior Advisor Strategic Communications
- Exciting opportunity to help create a better life for the Greater Sydney community
- Be part of a values-based high-performing team
- Permanent full-time
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working approach
- Exceptional benefits and competitive remuneration
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a positive contribution to the lives of our customers, communities and our environment.
We have a proud heritage and a bright, progressive future, providing world-class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We embrace innovation and encourage diversity – importantly our people and their passion for their work are key to achieving our vision of creating a better life.
About the role
As the Senior Advisor, Strategic Communications, you will help us bring our strategy to life, building on our reputation for world-class services, growing water literacy and taking advocacy for a circular economy to the global community.
- Create and manage the delivery of strategic communications that contribute to the delivery of our vision to create a better life.
- Provide clear and engaging communications to support the business in the delivery of key strategic priorities including the promotion of brand, reputation and issues management and business development.
- Build trusted internal relationships that support the delivery of highly effective strategic communication and engagement outcomes.
Degree qualifications in communications, public policy, business, journalism/marketing or related field.
Experience & Skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ experience working as a senior communications, community relations or corporate affairs advisor in a major corporation, government department or agency environment
- Strong business acumen with the capacity to liaise and work with senior management and other team members to determine positions on public policy issues
- Demonstrated ability in design, delivery and implementation of proactive communication and engagement plans
- A strong team player with proven ability to collaborate with others to achieve goals
- Highly-developed written and verbal communication skills including strong corporate and policy communication skills
- Strategic thinker with proven planning, influencing, negotiation and facilitation skills
- Strong capability in assessing reputational issues and risks to the business and developing sound crisis management plans
Closing date: Sunday 10th October 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.