- Lead a vibrant Corporate Services Category at one of Australia’s largest utilities
- Leverage the opportunity to shape and support the implementation of your Category
- Be part of a high performing Category Management and Procurement team
- Get exposure to the top leaders within the largest water utility in Australia
- Grow your career in an exciting and transforming organisation
- Parramatta location, attractive remuneration and benefits
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Sydney Water’s Finance Services Group is continuing to create capability uplifts both within our Procurement team and across the wider organisation which will increase our ability to deliver standardised and simplified process, leverage knowledge and expertise within the organisation, provide deep insights to enable the business to make more informed decisions while providing expertise in specific business areas that create business value.
Reporting into the Portfolio Category Manager and supported by a Category Specialist – you will lead the development and execution of the Corporate Service Category Plan including delivering exciting, strategic and leading-edge sourcing initiatives.
Your duties will include:
- Development, implementation and management of enterprise wide category and contract strategies for the Corporate Services Category (Indirects)
- Senior Stakeholder engagement and management and being the trusted advisor for the business for Corporate Services
- Lead, manage and deliver strategic projects including shaping business requirements, market engagement, source to contract activities, negotiations and contract handover.
- Being connected with the relevant market trends within the Corporate Services category, highlighting opportunities and incorporating insights into the Category Planning process.
- Leading pricing reviews and contract re-negotiation, attending or leading scheduled performance reviews, resolving supplier performance matter and incidents
- Coaching and mentoring the Category Specialists and contributing to the overall growth of the capability of the team
- Managing the current and future activity pipeline for your category, managing resource allocations withing the category together with the Portfolio Manager.
- Managing risk and delivering tangible and intangible benefits within the Category.
This role has a very strong focus on development, management and execution of category plans. You will bring demonstrated experience in building category plans and have a good understanding of the Category Planning Process.
Being the lead for Corporate Services, you will have strong communication and engagement skills, being be able to engage with and manage relationships with senior executives within the business.
You will have demonstrable experience in managing the following major categories (including but not limited to):
- Management Professional Services – Consulting Services, Auditing Services
- Advertising and Media – Marketing Communications, Media Buying,
- HR Services- Recruitment Services, Training Services
- Financial Services
- Office related services and supplies – e.g. Travel, Office Supplies, Property
You will be a self-starter who is self-motivated and driven to deliver results and manage allocated projects to deliver agreed outcomes.
You will have at a minimum:
- 7+ years’ experience in category management in a large complex organisation, preferably in a similar organisation or industry sector (Note this is specifically 7+ years in Category Management not overall 7+ years’ experience in procurement)
- Relevant degree qualification (e.g. Finance, Business, Supply Chain) or experience deemed equivalent
- Professional procurement qualification (e.g. MCIPS) – Preferred but not essential
- Extensive experience working in developing and executing category management plans
- Extensive experience in partnering with the business to lead strategic sourcing projects, commercial negotiations and manage contracts across the lifecycle
- Extensive knowledge in understanding strategic sourcing, contract developments, supplier management and procurement metrics reporting.
- Strong MS Excel and MS PowerPoint skills
- Good Interpersonal communication skills (both written and verbal)
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.