Commercial Partnership Advisor
- EA13 $112,966.64 + Super + leave loading
- Permanent Full-time
- Parramatta location – near train station
- Hybrid working available in line with our Flexible Working - Our Way approach
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and managing beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The Commercial Partnership Advisor will provide analytical support to the Developer Partnerships Leadership Team and will assist in the front-end opportunity identification and planning process for new commercial frameworks, agreement and offerings for Sydney Water to engage with the development industry. The Commercial Partnership Advisor will also assist in reviewing business cases, negotiating commercial agreements and in establishing new commercial frameworks and offering with major developers.
Key role responsibilities include
- Provide analytical support to the Developer Partnerships Leadership Team.
- Assists in the front-end opportunity identification and planning process for new commercial frameworks, agreements and offerings.
- Review business cases, negotiates commercial agreements and assists in establishing new commercial frameworks and offerings with major developers
- Identify and investigate gaps in stakeholder expectations and current services to inform and influence business development and internal planning, and external urban planning and design.
- Co creates and prices new commercial servicing offerings with developers in line with Sydney Water’s market vision.
- Facilitate partnering with strategic external stakeholders across urban strategy, urban planning and development processes to enable integrated water management, water sensitive urban design and liveability outcomes.
- Contributes to and leads business improvement initiatives.
- Undertake developer, council and stakeholder engagement on urban water management to promote Sydney Water’s strategic direction on liveability, affordability and resilience for customers and communities in line with the lifestream strategy.
- Relevant tertiary qualification (e.g. commerce, business, law or related discipline) or experience deemed equivalent.
- Project management or commercial management related qualifications an advantage.
- Strong business and commercial acumen.
- Strong analytical skills to prepare, review and interpret data and evaluate early-stage opportunities.
- Understanding of political, market and commercial drivers for major projects, and the resulting opportunities for partnership between Sydney Water and the major developer sector.
- Understanding of competition and regulatory, financial considerations associated with a regulated service provider making commercial service offerings
- Ability to build trust, strategically influence and communicate effectively in all forums and at all levels
- Understanding of the business, asset and financial processes and systems required to manage commercial business activities
- Highest standard of professional integrity, and a high degree of personal resilience.
- Experience in commercial business management and business governance frameworks.
- SAP (Systems, Application and Products) administrator skills.
- Demonstrated experience in forming and maintaining strong, constructive business relationships.
Closing date: 17th Jan 2022
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
As part of your application you will be required to upload a cover letter addressing the About You section of this role. Please ensure that your cover letter is no longer than 2 single pages in length.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.