- Shape, develop and implement Asset Management processes and content across the business
- Establish and manage an Asset Performance framework to ensure effectiveness of asset strategies
- Parramatta location, close to transport, flexible work arrangements available
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
This pivotal and exciting role will establish the Asset Performance framework and implement its use across the greater Sydney Water business, connecting corporate strategy to asset management activity across the organisation to achieve the optimal lifecycle cost of our assets. The role is responsible for ensuring that Sydney Water’s assets are both efficient and fit for purpose now and into the future, and it works collaboratively with other areas of the business to ensure effective and aligned maintenance, planning, operation and investment of asset and infrastructure systems.
Your duties will involve:
- Leading the development of Sydney Water’s medium-to-long-term Asset Management strategy, shaping its approach to delivering the best value to our customers.
- Improving Asset Management organisational capability through the development and creation of robust asset management frameworks and tools, asset lifecycle optimisation, and ensuring asset management processes are fit for purpose.
- Engaging closely with other Sydney Water business units to provide learning and leadership in the technical, tactical and strategic issues around effective asset management.
- Providing guidance and expertise in Asset Performance, Analysis and Insight, including asset and system reporting, and asset economics (performance, condition, CBAV, costing).
- Responsibility for implementing, assuring and leading the Asset Performance framework and processes related to asset management, and ensuring these are communicated to the business in an effective manner.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work in a truly transformational role that will really make a difference to Sydney and have significant future impact on the lifestyle and well-being of residents in the Greater Sydney Region. This is a leadership role, and it will suit someone who has a strong drive and desire to get things done, and who has experience in taking initiative to navigate any potential roadblocks to performance. You should have excellent communication skills, and the ability to articulate key ideas to all levels of the business.
You will have:
- Tertiary qualification in engineering, science or a related discipline, or experience deemed equivalent, with demonstrated experience and skills in the development and management of Asset Management functions.
- Post graduate qualifications in Business, Engineering, or Process Engineering related to the role are helpful but not essential.
- Familiarity with ISO55000 will be well-regarded.
- A comprehensive understanding of asset management or similar developed through industry experience with a minimum of 10-year experience in pertinent activities and relevant industry experience is essential.
- Operations, production or maintenance-related industry experience is highly regarded.
- Demonstrated experience in asset strategy development (or equivalent) and deployment of related asset management practice in a production and planning environment, with a strong commercial understanding of quality/cost/risk trade-offs over short, medium- and long-term horizons, or equivalent experience, is essential.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.