- 3-year full time fixed term role
- $87,800 + super + leave loading
- Illawarra Hub
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and centralized sanitation to protect our beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Production (a Division within Sydney Water) is a family friendly workplace offering job and workhour flexibility. You will be able to make a real difference through this essential service to the community and the environment. The workplace includes office and outdoor activities while working with a diverse group of employees. You will be offered formal and in-house training to skill you for the role.
- Production Officers located in the Illawarra Hub are responsible for operating and maintaining wastewater treatment and resource recovery equipment to meet legislative and product requirements, as well as meet customer, safety and efficiency targets.
- The Illawarra Hub has a high degree of automation and includes a SCADA system.
- Major Capital upgrade projects are planned across the Illawarra Hub over the next 3 – 4 years involving expansion and introduction of new technologies.
The ideal candidate for this position would have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering/Science or trade qualification.
- Some experience in a production environment or asset maintenance.
- Solid electrical experience (Electrical Trade Certificate favourable) in production environment preferable in wastewater.
- A ‘hands-on’ approach to problem solving and trouble-shooting process equipment,
- Good people skills and experience in coordinating internal and external service providers to perform maintenance and project works,
- Exposure to safety, environment and quality management systems,
- A personal drive for continuous improvement and to contribute to a positive team culture,
- A willingness to take part in an overtime roster during weekdays and weekends,
NOTE: You are required to travel across all Water Resource Recovery Facilities within the Illawarra Hub which includes Wollongong Water Recycling Treatment Plant, Bellambi Wastewater Treatment Plant, Port Kembla Waste Water Treatment Plant, Shellharbour Waster Water Treatment Plant and Bombo Water Recycling Plant.
Refer to the position description (attached) for the full accountabilities of the role.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.