- Develop, implement and embed project and quality management practices
- Be part of a business that inspires collaboration and innovation
- Permanent position based in Chatswood
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.To enable this growth, we are commencing one of Australia’s biggest water programs. This is being implemented through the most dynamic delivery framework of our generation - Partnering for Success (P4S). Our infrastructure capital program has already transformed and been recognised for excellence in delivery. That evolution is continuing through P4S. Technology enabled and enhanced processes, coupled with long term partnering contracts, are building a delivery platform for the future. We are improving collaboration and integration across the value chain, promoting innovation and flexibility to achieve outcomes that our customers value.
About the role
The P4S Quality Lead is part of a regionally integrated, yet centre led, project services function that sits at the heart of ensuring Sydney Water delivers cost effective outcomes that our customers value: whilst ensuring quality standards and regulatory requirements are upheld. At a more detailed level, the Quality Lead is embedded within an integrated regional team to implement and ensure consistency, accuracy and efficiency of the Sydney Water Quality Management System, program and processes.
- Specialist expert advisor for the Sydney Water Project Management and Maintenance Teams, as well as the Regional Delivery Consortia (RDC) Design, Construction and Maintenance Teams.
- Ensures integrated regional team compliance with all quality systems, processes, plans and procedures whilst undertaking capital projects and operational maintenance works.
- Assist in the implementation of the Sydney Water Quality Management system, policies and procedures.
- Supports the identification, development and delivery of quality awareness and educational programs.
- Review Construction Quality Management Plans to ensure compliance to the SW standards.
- Conduct internal audits ensuring non-conformances are understood and corrective/preventative actions are completed
- Highlight potential issues with key stakeholders and the Project Managers, continually seeking practical ways to mitigate quality risks and improve the quality and accuracy of performance.
- A close attention to detail is required, to ensure quality support is provided in a professional and timely manner. The role also provides expert quality standards and compliance input to project teams for business case development, budget estimating, project cost planning and delivery tendering. Working alongside the Safety and Environment Leads, supported by the Construction Supervisors, the Quality Lead ensures Quality Management System Compliance at all stages of works development and execution. This entails engaging in the development Quality Management Plans as part of project planning, plus supporting the project managers by reviewing and approving the RDC Construction Quality Management Plans for compliance to the SW Quality Management System.
- The role must also maintain an up to date knowledge of Australian and International Quality Standards and accreditation, to serve as a key Centre of Excellence professional advisor. With a key focus on quality excellence, the position also supports the identification, development and delivery of quality awareness and educational programs.
- 10+ years’ work experience in a similar role within the construction or similar industry such as oil and gas or mining
- Demonstrated oral and written communication skills,
- Demonstrated analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated influencing, negotiation and investigation skills
- Exposure to construction and maintenance / operations would be highly regarded
- Demonstrated ability to develop and embed improvements in work methods across a program of works.
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering or a related field is desirable
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application closing date: 02 March, 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.