Environmental Liaison Officer
- Develop & maintain relationships with regulators (EPA)
- Help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney
- Location, Parramatta
- $ 110,377.06 + employers contribution to super
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
The purpose of this role is to help develop and maintain a trusting and constructive relationship with Environment Protection Authority (EPA) and other regulators through the provision of timely accurate and high quality response to information requests.
The role is the primary interface with EPA, responsible for the interpretation of complex situations and documentation, and the translation of this information into easily consumable information that guides regulatory and business response. In this role you will report to the Manager, Environmental Liaison within the Customer Hub.
Your responsibilities are:
- Support responses between Sydney Water and regulators (EPA) to ensure Sydney Water is effectively meeting its regulatory requirements.
- Work collaboratively to obtain insights from Customers, Community, Regulators, Government and Business Stakeholder to support and improve the regulatory relationship
- Monitor, evaluate and report performance, capturing issues to be addressed through business improvement
- Participate in risk assessments to ensure key issues and opportunities are identified and managed through appropriate strategies
- Support effective regulator communications and engagement.
- Review complex technical documentation and translate information into easily consumable customer and business guidance material.
- Improve the customer experience and make us easy to deal with.
- Respond to technical enquires in plain English (internal and external)
- Support the broader team in stakeholder communications and engagement.
- Support transformational business projects through the provision of expert advice on business process and technical standards.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders. Communicate changing requirements and translate these into operational impact.
- Degree qualification in Environmental Science or Engineering, or experience deemed equivalent
- 3 years’ experience in environmental management systems
- Working knowledge of ISO14001 standard and its applications
- Sound knowledge of Sydney Water’s operating and regulatory environment
- Sound knowledge of state and federal environmental legislation
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams and develop effective relationships with stakeholders
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Superior research and analytical skills
- Proficient Microsoft Excel skills
- Sound Negotiation and problem solving skills
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.