- Lead the interface between Customer Delivery and the regional delivery team in Delivery Management
- Role model Sydney Water values and behaviours and create a constructive and supportive working environment.
- Competitive remuneration package!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
About the role
Reporting to the Manager Integrated Work Programs the purpose of this position is to Lead the interface between Customer Delivery and the regional delivery team in Delivery Management. You will be specifying and prioritising works from an operational perspective and support program management of the Major Periodic Maintenance (MPM) and Program (OPEX projects).
Responsible for developing the integrated maintenance AIWP (mechanical-electrical), as per the programs specified by Customer Delivery and Asset Lifecycle teams. You will also be monitoring implementation of maintenance services delivered by P4S and delivery partners, to reduce financial risk and enable Sydney Waters business outcomes.
- Negotiate delivery and manage changes within the AIWP where work has been specified by Customer Delivery and Asset Lifecycle
- Develop and/or provide input to the development of Maintenance Plan in the Annual Integrated Work Program(s), including allocation of maintenance and MPM budgets, and management of work timings to minimise risks to asset operations
- Monitor and report on delivery performance of the electrical-mechanical maintenance program
- Coordinate delivery of minor facilities works and emergency projects via MPM, X5 and L4L processes (monitor via Dashboard, FMIS and DeliveryPortal).
- Support audit processes for independent analysis of maintenance spends and operational procedures on the RDCs
- Participate in incident investigations including ICAMS, when required, for the benefit of continuous improvement
- You will support the delivery of the Major Periodic Maintenance Program, implementation of an effective governance structure and process for the MPM Programs.
- Ensure that condition assessments are being completed on time and that they are producing valuable recommendations to drive effective and efficient scopes for the MPM projects across Customer Delivery.
- Support the business case process across Customer Delivery, Asset Lifecycle and Finance for MPM and tactical renewals.
- Resolving complex process issues relating to the programs of work. I.e. ensure decision frameworks are followed for funding arrangement requests for breakdowns etc.
- Managing risk/cost trade-offs for deferral of work during budget constraints and collaboratively managing stakeholder concerns etc.
This role will require previous experience ideally from a utilities or similar industry, suitable to a team member who is well experienced in project management, incident prevention with extensive stakeholder engagement. The ideal person we are seeking has the following skills and qualifications who can readily step into the position:
- Relevant tertiary degree and minimum 10 years’ experience in operations, maintenance/renewals or treatment/quality aspects of systems
- Minimum 10 years’ experience with asset management applicable to water/wastewater treatment or similar including managing the integration of financial and asset management systems to deliver work programs
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in data reporting and analysis for work programs using management systems such as Maximo and/or FMIS
- Good understanding of complex mechanical or electrical assets used within Treatment and Networks.
- Demonstrated process understanding and/or experience in production or manufacturing environment within Water, Wastewater, Recycled Water, and/or Resource Recovery facilities or equivalent
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with internal customers and stakeholders, managing and delivering on their expectations
- Ability to use MS Office suite to develop complex written documents, presentations & summarised data in excel to analyse & report data
- Willingness to work outside normal working hours, either from home, office or in field, as required
Closing date: Sunday 20th June 2021
Please see the position description for the role’s full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process.
Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.