- Introduce new process technologies to improve efficiency and enhance performance.
- Permanent opportunity with competitive salary package!
- Work across various Sydney Water locations!
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role:
Reporting to the Capital Interface Engineer, this role will drive process optimization, growth projects and innovation across Customer Delivery Water Resource Recovery to achieve product quality outcomes, improve operational efficiency and reduce cost. This role will identify and introduce standardization, and identify new technology to achieve consistent product quality outcomes at Sydney Water:
- Technical leadership to resolve complex technical issues relating to product quality or process related issues.
- Working with stakeholders to ensure growth and improvement projects are fit for purpose throughout the planning, options development, design, construction, commissioning, and operational phases
- Provide technical input to Sydney Water research and development projects
- Technical support for implementing new technology, instrumentation, control system upgrades & process modelling
- Technical interface for Sydney Water internal stakeholders and external service providers, providing operational and technical advice on product quality and technologies
This position will require an individual currently working, or with recent experience in wastewater, consulting, or utilities sector. A team member who has experience working with multiple stakeholders supporting process design, optimisation & troubleshooting:
- Degree qualified in Engineering or Science
- Minimum 8 years’ experience in Water/Process related industry
- Relevant valid driver's licence required and own vehicle to travel across multiple SW locations
- Strong analytical skills to identify and gather data for treatment
- Demonstrated skills in technical report writing, data analysis
- Stakeholder management skills in a team environment working across varying levels.
- Detailed knowledge of product guidelines and quality management systems (Recycled Water, and Drinking Water, Wastewater and/or Resource Recovery)
- Demonstrated project management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office application and ability to use customized software packages, experience with SCADA is advantageous
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
Application Closing Date: 14th May 2021
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.