Safety, Health & Wellbeing Partner
- Work with senior line management to support achievement of business strategic objectives through strong risk management, engagement and culture
- Guide the strategic safety programme for Sydney Water’s significant capital works agenda
- Build great relationships and set strong standards while partnering with some of Australia’s largest and most capable civil contracting organisations, delivering our annual integrated works program
- Genuine work/life balance
- Location, Parramatta
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
In this role, you will report to the Head of Safety, Health & Wellbeing and will work analytically and collaboratively to provide safety and wellbeing leadership and guidance to the Asset Lifecycle Senior Management Team and their Planning and Delivery Partners. The role is also responsible for developing, leading and maintaining a team of trusted and credible professional Advisors to support our Asset Lifecycle business to operate safely, deliver their business requirements and improve their safety performance.
The roles responsibilities:
- Partner with Asset Lifecycle senior leaders to design and manage the delivery of fit for purpose services that support them to continuously improve and deliver positive safety outcomes
- Lead and own a portfolio of continuous and significant change designed to achieve the business strategic objectives
- Drive continuous improvement in service provision through thought leadership and benchmarking
- Proactively and consistently challenge existing practice to identify ways of improving the quality and timeliness of services
- Facilitate and manage safety projects where large scale and complex change is required, including all aspects of business case development and delivery to time and budget (including benefits realisation)
- Ensure business outcomes are always understood and supporting solutions are delivered to (and beyond) stakeholder expectation
- Engage with stakeholders to deliver services that support them to meet their regulatory accountabilities, objectives and responsibilities
- Minimum 7-10 years’ experience working in heavy construction and large capital works projects leading and managing safety
- Formal qualification in Health & Safety or a related field
- Ideally you will have significant experience leading safety in design and demonstrate a balanced focus across systems, analytics, project lifecycle, design, construction and maintenance.
- Demonstrated high level of consultation, negotiation and interpersonal relationship skills used to consult and rapidly gain credibility with a range of internal and external clients
- Proven ability to provide business direction, effectively lead, manage and motivate teams, mentor and develop the skills of team members
- Customer Focus - provides an exceptional stakeholder experience and works to continually improve in this area
- Results Oriented - Drives to exceed goals
Closing date: Wednesday 2nd December
Please see the position description for the roles full accountabilities.
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information, you can contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.