SCADA Test & Configuration Engineer
- Create SCADA configuration and deploy it in the Critical Infrastructure as per best industry practices for automation project lifecycle
- Optimise and support Operational Technology systems to improve efficiency and the end‑users experience
- Provide technical advice on issues related to IICATS/SCADA software and its application to the water and wastewater systems
- Permanent role, Parramatta location, close to transport
At Sydney Water, we’re passionate about making a difference to the lives of our customers and communities.
We have a proud heritage and a progressive future, providing world class drinking water and beautiful waterways from the mountains to the sea. We see the world is changing so we are changing too. Our people and their jobs are as diverse as the communities we serve.
About the role
Working in a supportive and engaged team, the SCADA Test and Configuration Engineer role offers a great opportunity to work with cutting edge technology and will enable you to increase your skills and experience via access to a variety of learning opportunities around SCADA, telemetry hardware and IoT. You will work using latest engineering software packages to create configuration of telemetry sites for Sydney Water’s IICATS system and managing configuration through the project lifecycle. You will also have the opportunity to take ownership of enhancements, and to work with other teams in the Operational Technology and wider Digital space on variety of innovation projects.
· Participate in the development of Functional Design and Test Specifications for various types of water and wastewater assets
· Assist in the design, development and review of IICATS / SCADA HMI configuration and RTU/PLC software for water and wastewater control systems
· Develop, test and deploy RTU and PLC programs for variety of applications in monitoring and control of water and wastewater systems including cutover and commissioning processes
· Analyse and reporting on asset performance utilising IICATS/SCADA tools
· Utilise new technology to improve asset performance, as well as identifying improvements to IICATS/SCADA
· Support existing software applications and libraries for RTU / PLC installations and undertake future enhancements
· Organising and conducting integration tests for RTU/PLC control sequences, Person-Machine Interfaces using simulators for water and wastewater assets
· Develop and testing of IICATS/SCADA site and system pictures
This role will suit someone who has a natural curiosity about technology, and who enjoys working with bleeding edge technology systems, as well as desiring to improve their R&D skills via involvement in technology projects.
· Tertiary qualifications in Electrical Engineering or Computer Science or related discipline
· Working knowledge and experience in design, operation, and maintenance of process control, IICATS/SCADA, and telemetry systems
· Experience in the development of IICATS/SCADA systems for water and wastewater systems including hands-on programming of RTUs or PLCs
· Understandings of telemetry communication network (LAN and WAN) and protocols
· Ability and experience in design, development and problem solving of software for IICATS/SCADA and Telemetry systems using industry standard programming languages and software development tools
· Capability to interpret customer requirements from Functional Design Specifications and to incorporate these into software design
· Well-developed communication skills, both written and oral and the ability to liaise with Sydney Water Corporation’s personnel and external parties
· Knowledge of ClearSCADA or a similar Top End SCADA application and IoT will be well regarded.
Closing date: Sunday 16 January, 2022
You must be an Australian Citizen or Permanent Resident at the time of submitting your application to be considered for this role. For more information please contact email@example.com
Sydney Water welcomes you to apply if you feel you meet the selection criteria. The successful completion of a Criminal History Check and Medical Assessment form part of the application process. Please advise if you require any adjustments to actively participate in the application and recruitment process.
We want your perspective and ideas to help us find better ways to delight our customers, so we encourage you to apply no matter your age, sex or culture. You can be part of a committed, highly skilled team who’ll appreciate what you bring to the table. You’ll set and achieve real goals and make decisions that matter, as together we help shape the lifestyle of greater Sydney.